Friday 23 May 2008

RAMBLINGS

Well, I’m back……… Not sure where this post will take us so will just she how things develop………

Been a very strange time globally, we’ve had the typhoon in Burma and the earthquake in China. Each handled by their respective governments in such hugely different fashions.

Then back in good old Blighty, a seven year old girl has died of suspected starvation – STARVATION in this day and age.

Then our regional newspaper (I checked the circulation and it averages 65,000 daily), had a headline article detailing what a deprived county Norfolk is. Now, I know we have our problems with towns like Great Yarmouth, Thetford and Kings Lynn losing a lot of industry and experiencing a large influx of immigrants but for goodness sake, in the wide scheme of things we just need to realise how much we HAVE and not dwell on what we don’t.

I was recently watching the images of parents waiting, hoping and crying outside the ruins of countless schools in China (where don’t forget they ruthlessly enforce the single child policy) when the daughter strolled past in the midst of some game. I asked her to come to give mum a hug as she was feeling upset and she climbed on my lap, put her arms around my neck and squeezed. I may live in a deprived area but I am rich beyond measure.

On a lighter and much more superficial note (a heard that sigh of relief at the back!) I got both articles written (the ones about cricket and the garage conversion) and both have been published……….. The cricket season is upon us and the weather has been pretty pleasant, so the men in my life are all content. The daughter will be 3 on Sunday – where those 3 years have flown to I really don’t know……….

And finally, I am going through some work related issues, which I am hoping (praying and keeping everything crossed for) may result in some back pay, which will take us on our FIRST ever foreign family holiday…… Wish me luck…….

Couldn’t resist posting this photo of the minx, I took it Wednesday, which is my day off and as I have to dress her in practical nursery clothes every other day of the working week, I do like to get her dressed up. Thought she looked particularly adorable in this dress so took her outside for a few snaps and she obliged by posing in such a fashion so as to make Kate Moss look like a novice. I know I am biased but how cute is she!

Think that’s it. Talk soon!

14 comments:

the mother of this lot said...

Congrats on being a published author! And that child does look adorable in her photo. However, I know from bitter experience that looks can be deceptive.

Gone Back South said...

I know - hearing about what's going on in China is just heart-breaking.

Kim said...

I have been so upset by the awful things going on in the world.

That pic of your gorgeous little girl gave me a smile. I had to click on it and make it big to get a closer look at the sweet face.

aminah said...

Oh I know exactly what you mean about being rich without measure...I feel that and I just thank God for the here and now and the people in my life. I haven't been able to watch the news without crying ...

The Woman who Can said...

Oh MMOF, she's gorgeous! Welcome back.

Working Mum said...

Gorgeous! You are so right about how rich we really are.

So I'm not the only one who tries to get daughter into a dress once in a while?

She's like the wind said...

Glad to see you back, the recent news has been devastating, but then even the local news has been terrible. The wee one is just lovely in her dress, so nice to see little girls in dresses. Come and have a peek and my little girl in her special dress.....
xx

Suzy said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous girl.

So much like her mom.

Love,

Suzy

Swearing Mother said...

What a gorgeous little girl - but did we really expect anything else, given who her mother is??

Glad to hear the writing's going OK.

Suzysoo said...

Hi,

Your little one looks gorgeous. I am also a manic mother of five- Ive got a boy and four girls and can I get ANY of them to wear a dress? (The girls, that is!)

Btw-love your blog! All the best.

Suzy

icemaidensmellingthecoffee said...

What a thought provoking blog. I think many of us pass through an acquisitive phase and as time (and age) marches on, we begin to treasure what we have and to realise how very lucky we are to have been born where we were. Purely chance, it could have been us.

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

There are times I can't dwell on the horrors of the world - just can't because there is nothing except donate cash that I can do.

So to the good news - well done on getting the articles published - you must be chuffed.

And - how cute is your lovely wee poppet? What a sweetie.

Manic Mother Of Five said...

MOTL, ta - I'm very pleased..... Sorry to disappoint you, she is just as adorable in the flesh........ Just trying to make sure she doesn't realise it too soon!

GBS Really can't get my head round it...

Kaycie, I am so glad she made you smile. I just feel blessed every day.

Aminah, you and me both x

hey Tina, ta, good to be back

Working mum, I love getting her dressed up in frills and ribbons. Mind you, all those embellishments take bloody ages to iron!

Windy, I'll be right over

Suzy, you are too kind. Thank you xx

Sweary, you aren't getting all soft on me are you????

Suzysoo, thanks so much for dropping by. Glad I am not the only manic one around here!

IceMaiden, thank you - I think!

MOB, it does get a bit much sometimes but does make me count my blessings.

Maggie May said...

Gorgeous child!