Monday 30 June 2008

DAWN CHORUS


The daughter has been struggling with her sleep just recently – it’s been hot and clammy at night, plus lovely and bright by 5am, hence she’s been very restless.

Saturday morning she woke whilst her daddy was getting ready for work and was raring to go. Her mummy wasn’t! Obviously she needed watching when the husband left for work so I brought her into bed for a cuddle and quick chat. It was quite apparent that she was still tired so after a little “persuasion” she went back to bed.

I climbed back into my lovely king size with its lovely big huggable pillows and duvet and tried to go back to sleep. I tried and I tried and I tried…… And I failed dismally. So there I was lying in bed, listening to the world around me wake up.

The dawn chorus started and how lovely it was too…….. Then a couple of cats decided to have a spat……….. not quite so pleasant……………………. Then my neighbours dog joined in, so we had cats hissing and the dog barking, which woke up not one but two babies in the area.

Dawn chorus my eye, more like bloody dawn cacophony.

Suffice to say I never did get back to sleep!

12 comments:

The Woman who Can said...

Ah summer mornings. So peaceful.

Not.

Bloody lawnmowers round here.

Suzy said...

Ah, the sounds of summer! (sometimes it sucks!)

Love,

Suzy

She's like the wind said...

I too am living in that world, only the fighting cats are mine and it's the bloody birds that drive me 'pure mental man' xx

Suzysoo said...

Loads of rooks and crows around my place, many more of them than there are sweet little birdies! Loads of cats too. I only noticed the difference when we started house-sitting for a friend regularly and heard their dawn chorus. All pretty twittering it was and no screeching. From cats or crows.

Mid-lifer said...

same happened to me the other morning only I got back to sleep and dreamt that all the teachers in my son's junior school were drunk!

Nice to be back - but need some of your no-nonsense, uplifting, positivity.

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Oh there's nothing like watching an emerging sunrise - once every ten years or so! Not so long ago my husbad came downstairs moaning his head off. He couldn't sleep for the loudmouth bird mouthing off just outside the en-suite window. It was shouting tweet fecking tweet fecking tweet according to my main man! It was a great laugh watching him imitate some eejit bird that as far as he was concerned deserved an asbo.

Gone Back South said...

Ugh, it's horrid not being able to go back to sleep. My 6-year old boy slept in with me last night (for a treat!) and was woken by thr recycle bin men clattering past at 7am. Still, we should have been up by then really.

Re. your earlier post about that article slagging off women who work ... good for you for answering back. That bloke needs to stop thinking he knows what's what. Duffer.

Unknown said...

We struggled with the 5am brightness until we bit the bullet and handed over wads of cash for blackout-lined curtains. And praise be to all that is holy, it's worked! Not I just need a miracle to stop hubby snoring.

Maggie May said...

Isn't it awful when that happens? I seem to wake up earlier & earlier these days!

Cath said...

Ain't that the truth? When you persuade the little darlings back into their own beds, they sleep soundly but it won't come to you!
Been there. My sympathies!

Natalie said...

too funny!

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

I have an award for you at my place.