Monday 23 June 2008

THAT'S MY BOY

Busy weekend - no surprise there..... Did cricket teas on Saturday, which I do enjoy despite the requirement for a level of physical effort I am not normally known for! Suffice to say copious amounts of fresh cream scones were prepared and consumed. Well I had to taste test them to make sure they were up to standard!

Then on to Sunday......... It was windy - anyone notice that??!! Consequently I decided to get stuck into the washing and subsequent ironing. I was at if for bloody hours - one load in the washing machine, one load on the line and one load being ironed. Talk about Chinese laundry. Anyway, whilst I had my nose to the grindstone, number 4 son was playing 10 pin bowling with his football chums before having lunch together and then their presentation....... Husband took him and they were gone a good few hours..... I wasn't looking my best when they came back - all that steam had made me go decidedly red in the face. Therefore, I was somewhat surprised to be greeted by a beaming husband followed by a beaming son. Well he soon showed me a large, heavy trophy he had won - Manager's Player of the Year. He was absolutely delighted - husband was pretty pleased too! Now number 4 is a happy go lucky little chap, plays his sport to the best of his ability, puts 100% in and will play in any position (including goalie, which I hate as he is forever diving at people's fee). Thus his manager decided that his all round contribution deserved some recognition. He was even presented with his trophy by Mick Mills (former England and Ipswich player). This did cause some consternation because my boys (large and small) are all yellow and green (Norwich City) and Ipswich are the sworn enemy....... I am led to believe it was the most brief of handshakes!

Ah, that's my boy!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations to your boy! What a wonderful attitude he has. I suspect he gets that from his mum.

Suzy said...

Congrats to your boy! He most certainly deserved that trophy!

I bet there will be many more!

Love,

Suzy

The Woman who Can said...

Yay for him!

belle said...

That was a proud mummy moment!

ps, I've tagged you :)

Natalie said...

that is great about your son!

you should be happy and proud.

belle said...

psst - am having a competition and party over at mine to celebrate my blogoversary, hope you can stop by!

Cath said...

Congratulations to your boy (for the effort, time and loyalty to his team *wink*) and to you (for effort, time and probably loadsa money and loyalty to your boy.)

the mother of this lot said...

Well done Number 4. I always liked Mick Mills.