Friday 2 November 2007

THE END IS NIGH

Ok, I have had a very hectic week - managed to fit in leg and under arm wax, had the roots re-touched (sorry to disappoint those of you who were convinced I was a natural blonde), spoiled myself with a couple of sunbeds and bought a new frock following mother's negative comments regarding my original purchase. All this whilst fulfilling the usual maternal duties - I do try fobbing my children off by telling them they just don't need to eat EVERY day but they remain resolutely unconvinced and, of course, working. Well I shown up every day and gone through the motions. Have been seriously distracted though.
Why I hear you chorus.
Well, dear friends, tonight is the Recruitment Awards and I am nominated for an award as is the company I work for. Moreover, I WANT TO WIN.
Have desperately been trying to be all laid back about it but its no good, I know I will be desperately disappointed if I don't.
Its all my mother's fault - she's extremely competitive and successful and along with vetoing my choice of dress she then started to opine that why do people celebrate coming second and there's no point celebrating that. No pressure then mum!
I am trying to keep it all in perspective and looking upon it as a work night out rather than anything else and we always have a good time together when we go out en masse.
Wish me luck!

8 comments:

She's like the wind said...

The very best of luck, I will keep my finger crossed for you. I'm sure you would look great in whatever you wore!

Hope you don't mind me saying but the text was a bit light and I had a wee bit of trouble reading it, don't want to miss anything.

xx

Manic Mother Of Five said...

Ah bless, thank you S/employed mum.

Yeah, thought that too - was feeling in a pink mood so experimented. Will see if I can darken it.

Be over soon.

She's like the wind said...

Thanks for your comments over at mine as usual. I love pink, but the poor old eyes are failing me! LOL

Swearing Mother said...

Good luck MMOF! Sending positive vibes to you!!

The Woman who Can said...

Ooh MMOF, do you have an update for us? With a picture? I've convinced myself that I need to have 4 more children really quickly, because clearly that must be why you look so glamorous.

Unknown said...

How'd it go then ?

X

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Did you win it then?

Manic Mother Of Five said...

Hey Swearing Mother, lovely to hear from you as ever. Thanks so much for the positive vibes. Pity the f**king judges didn't pick up on them!!!!

Tina you are far too kind. I have one picture of me taken before I had a sense of humour failure - I will post it soon.

Hi Knifepainter and M-O-B as in my latest post - the bastards don't know class when its there for all to see! Thanks for the interest though.