Monday 14 January 2008

Who Do You Think You Are????

Inspired by Mother’s Pride, I thought I would write a post about my tribe:

Number One Son

Aged 17, at college part time, works for his mum when not at college. My rock. He has been through some awful times with me and consequently we are very, very close. Currently learning to drive, although a fractured hand has curtailed this particular frighteningly expensive pastime for the last month. Practical, dependable, handsome, strong as an ox with a fabulous work ethic. Will make someone a lovely husband.

Number Two Son

Age 13, at high school. Got employment the week he turned 13 and always doing deals - a budding entrepreneur methinks. Blonde, beautiful, bright and sporty, he really got more than his fair share of talents. Closest of my boys to his sister and I could cry watching him with her – they share a rare connection that I believe will last forever – or at least till she becomes a teenager! Tall and skinny, I spend my life trying to find him school trousers that will stay up!

Number Three Son

Age 10, at junior school. My special needs boy – dyspraxic, with moderate learning disabilities. Finds this world of ours hard going at times. He is kind and caring yet has his father’s explosive temper. Has the longest, blackest eyelashes I have ever seen. Not that I am jealous of course! An expert on the world of fantasy, be it Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or Doctor Who. It worries me that he finds these worlds nicer places to be. Always nestling in for a cuddle. Lovely!

Number Four Son

Aged 9, at junior school with number three. The joker of the bunch, with an irrepressible, sunny nature. Loves laughing, football and his dad in equal measure. Solid as a rock. Potentially drop dead gorgeous, though I feel he may have to watch his weight. Has inherited his dad’s humour and my confidence in abundance - a potent mix. Popular, lazy, will only achieve when it’s on his terms and he decides he wants to, yet his teacher loves him!

The Daughter

Aged 2½. Where to start….. I waited far too long for this pink one of mine and have to be very firm with myself to ensure I don’t ruin her totally. This one is a total minx. Adored by her brothers, she is utterly used to getting her own way – I am currently teaching them all to say NO to her – it’s not easy!! She is a cheery little soul and loves her dolls and books. Put any music on and she will dance without prompting. So long as she doesn’t find a pole, we’ll be ok. Petite, has my fine, kinky infuriating hair poor love… The apple of my eye, what more can I say……

The Husband

Five years younger than me, drop dead gorgeous – 6’2”, the blackest hair I have ever seen (ok with a few greys these days that he holds me entirely responsible for), blue eyes. Conscientious, organised, outspoken and excruciatingly blunt at times. Sporty, funny, good company. Devoted to his kids and me (well most of the time). Bright but unambitious. Ying to my yang in so many ways but watch out when we clash!

Then there’s me – I will leave it to you all to make up your own minds there………..

10 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like quite a lovely bunch.

She's like the wind said...

Your love for your family shines right throught this post. Lovely. xx

Casdok said...

You have a lovely family there!

softinthehead said...

Lovely to meet them all.

Swearing Mother said...

Ah bless.

x

Mid-lifer said...

They sound wonderful MMOF and you sound so proud of them and happy.

Manic Mother Of Five said...

Hey Kaycie - they are all fab - especially when they are asleep!

Hey Windy - still giggle at that. Thank you so much, you couldn't have paid me a nicer compliment.

Thanks Casdok!

Hi Softinthehead - likewise.

Sweary - shucks!

Midlifer, thank you and most of the time I am!

ginger witch said...

Soppy tart, love ya X

Suzy said...

Sounds like the matriarch of the family is pretty fabulous too.

Manic Mother Of Five said...

Well if you hadn't realised that in the 30 years you've known me, then Ginger it's about time you did!!

Suzy, you are just too lovely. Thank you so much xx